What If I Fall Quotes: Falling can be scary. Whether it’s falling off your bike, falling down the stairs, or falling in love, the fear of falling and failing holds many of us back from reaching our full potential.
What If I Fall Quotes
Below are 125 quotes about taking risks and overcoming failure that suggests, that falling may be inevitable – and it’s often necessary for growth.
On Taking Chances and Risks
1. “What if I fall? Oh darling, what if you fly?”
This inspirational quote encourages us to take chances and not let fear hold us back. If we never try, we’ll never know what amazing heights we might reach.
2. “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” – Rabindranath Tagore
Sometimes you have to stop thinking and worrying, and just go for it. You’ll never accomplish anything great if you don’t try.
3. “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot
Pushing your boundaries is how you expand them. Don’t be afraid to take risks and test your limits.
4. “It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.” – Tyler Durden, Fight Club
Overcoming failure can be liberating. Once you lose your fear, you gain the freedom to take chances and reach new heights.
5. “Why not go out on a limb? That’s where the fruit is.” – Mark Twain
Get out of your comfort zone – that’s where the real rewards are. Take a leap and go for the sweetest fruit.
6. “Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them.” – Anonymous
Don’t wait around for opportunities to come to you. You have to act. Go after what you want.
7. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on.” – Sheryl Sandberg
When a great opportunity comes along, don’t hesitate – just say yes! Seize the chance and enjoy the ride.
8. “You’ll always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
You have to try if you ever want to succeed. Even if it seems risky, take your best shot!
9. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
Failures and falls just help point you in the right direction. Learn from mistakes on the road to success.
10. “The person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing, is nothing.” – Geena Davis
Playing it safe may feel comfortable but it leads nowhere. Dare greatly and find out what you’re capable of.
On Overcoming Fear and Doubt
11. “Feel the fear and do it anyway.” – Susan Jeffers
Fear is normal. Accept the anxiety and uncertainty, then carry on regardless!
12. “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
Bravery isn’t about having no fears. It’s facing fears and moving forward in spite of them.
13. “Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.” – William Shakespeare
Self-doubt will sabotage you. Ignore suspicious inner voices and go boldly forth.
14. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown
Stop letting fear call the shots. Redirect your mind, reclaim your dreams, start living!
15. “Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible – the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family.” – Virginia Satir
A strong support system gives you the security to take chances without fear of harsh judgment. Find your tribe!
16. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
Heroes aren’t fearless. They’re scared too, but still step forward when needed. You can do the same.
17. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.” – Marianne Williamson
That little voice saying you can’t do it is lying. You have infinite potential – believe it.
18. “Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.” – Babe Ruth
The baseball legend knew a thing or two about failure. Let go of the fear and swing big!
19. “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lou Holtz
The challenges themselves don’t break you – it’s how you handle them. Stay positive!
20. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It is lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
The real risk is living an unfulfilled life, not going boldly after your dreams. Break free!
On Failure Leading to Success
21. “Failure is success in progress.” – Albert Einstein
Setbacks are just steps on the path to your ultimate achievements. Keep going!
22. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
Persistence is key – always get back in the arena. The fight goes on!
23. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” – Napoleon Hill
Within each disappointment lies an opportunity. Seek the hidden lesson.
24. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
Let difficulties strengthen, not break you. Emerging from the fire, you’re renewed.
25. “There is no failure except in no longer trying.” – Elbert Hubbard
The real failure is when you give up. As long as you keep striving, you’re succeeding.
26. “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” – Truman Capote
The difficulties make your achievements all the sweeter. Savor each victory!
27. “Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity.” – Lou Holtz
Accomplishment requires persistence in the face of setbacks. Join the club!
28. “I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.” – Benjamin Franklin
Take a lighthearted view when things don’t go as planned. Dust off and try again!
29. “If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” – Albert Einstein
Truly original, daring ideas will seem a little crazy at first. Embrace the weird!
4. On Getting Back Up When You Fall
30. “Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything.” – Marilyn Monroe
One setback is not a definition of who you are. Shake it off and get back out there.
31. “It’s a rough world out there. You can’t expect any favors. Sometimes you have to make your own luck. You have to be persistent.” – Martha Stewart
Fortune favors the tenacious. When life gets tough, get tougher.
32. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
Stay strong in difficult circumstances by focusing within. Your mindset matters most.
33. “Fall seven times and stand up eight.” – Japanese proverb
No matter how often you crash down, rise back up again. Keep getting back on the horse!
34. “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” – H.G. Wells
Don’t dwell on past mistakes. Today is a new opportunity to get it right.
35. “We all make mistakes, have difficulties, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.” – Steve Maraboli
The past does not determine your future. Focus on the present to create the life you want.
36. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Standing up to fears empowers you to tackle anything. Be bold!
37. “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” – Nelson Mandela
Perseverance in the face of defeat is the true measure of character. Keep rising up!
On Learning from Mistakes
38. “Do not be embarrassed by your mistakes. Nothing can teach us better than our understanding of them. This is one of the best ways of self-education.” – Thomas Carlyle
Be gentle with yourself when you err. Study your errors and grow.
39. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” – Paulo Coelho
Fear of mistakes limits you. Release inhibitions and unlock your potential!
40. “I am still learning.” – Michelangelo
One of humanity’s greatest artists remained a student all his life. Stay curious!
41. “Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.” – Bruce Lee
Take ownership when you go astray, make amends, and move on wiser.
42. “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” – John Powell
If it teaches you something, it isn’t a failure. Grow through life’s zig-zags!
43. “Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment.” – Rita Mae Brown
Blunders provide vital lessons. Develop discernment from your slip-ups!
44. “I love my past, I love my present, I’m not ashamed of what I’ve had, and I’m not sad because I have it no longer.” – Colette
Every phase of your journey is meaningful. Cherish all your experiences.
45. “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.” – Samuel Beckett
Learn and adjust. Each failure brings you closer to success.
46. “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb
When you tumble, reflect and get back on your feet. Persist!
47. “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
Great achievement requires the courage to be different. Dare boldly!
On Finding Strength Through Hardship
48. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” ?????Khalil Gibran
Your wounds and broken places let the light shine through. Be transformed.
49. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” Thomas Edison
So-called failures are just part of the learning process. Keep experimenting!
50. “Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.” – John Maxwell
Setbacks offer invaluable lessons. As long as you’re learning, you’re succeeding.
51. “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” – Oprah Winfrey
Challenges don’t make you weak, they make you powerful. Embrace the struggle!
52. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
Your tribulations equip you for the unique purpose you’re called to fulfill. Have hope!
53. “A diamond is a chunk of coal that did well under pressure.” – Henry Kissinger
Like coal transformed into a diamond, let difficulties sharpen your inner brilliance.
54. “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.” – Robert Tew
Current trials prepare you for future victories. Keep pressing forward!
55. “Sometimes our greatest pain becomes our greatest strength.” – Drew Barrymore
When channeled positively, suffering can cultivate unexpected gifts within.
56. “Every problem has a gift for you in its hands.” – Richard Bach
Seek the opportunity hidden within each obstacle. Find the gift!
57. “I never lose. Either I win or I learn.” – Nelson Mandela
Maintain perspective – every outcome offers value if you learn from it.
On Embracing Fear and Change
58. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it is lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
The greatest hazard is a boring, unchallenged life. Break free from your cage!
59. “Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” – Brian Tracy
Progress lies outside the cozy confines of routine. Go for it, feel the fear!
60. “Your growth comes when you’re not comfortable – right? When you’re not in control.” – Nora Roberts
By persevering beyond insecurity, you expand into new possibilities. Grow!
61. “Leap, and the net will appear.” – Zen saying
Have faith. You don’t need to see the whole staircase, just take the next step.
62. “If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.” – Katharine Hepburn
Dare to think outside the box and try what’s never been tried. Live boldly!
63. “You must leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.” – Alan Alda
Your destiny calls from outside the familiar. Trust your inner voice.
64. “The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.” – Joseph Campbell
Face what unnerves you and find the riches within the darkness.
65. “Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live.” – Dorothy Thompson
Release fear’s grip on your mind. Embrace life with your whole heart!
66. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.” – Wayne Dyer
Alter your outlook, transform your reality. Rewrite limiting beliefs!
67. “Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Standing up to anxieties makes you bolder and wiser. Keep going!
On Igniting Your Passion and Purpose
68. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart
Dreaming won’t get you airborne. Commit, then persist til you soar!
69. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
Seek a vocation that stirs your soul – this fuels greatness. Follow your heart!
70. “Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” – John F. Kennedy
Pair passion with a plan to create progress. Let purpose guide action.
71. “I think if you do something and it turns you on, you should just go with it.” – Woody Allen
When an endeavor lights you up inside, that’s the green light. Pursue it passionately!
72. “Do just once what others say you can’t do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.” – James R. Cook
Proving the naysayers wrong is liberating. Blaze your trail!
73. “Trust your crazy ideas.” – Richard Branson
Let bold, “crazy” dreams ignite your purpose. Pursue them passionately!
74. “I dwell in possibility.” – Emily Dickinson
Abundant opportunity awaits if you open your mind. Envision and embody your dreams!
75. “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching.” – William W. Purkey
Forget others’ expectations, just express your true passions without inhibition!
76. “Be bold. If you’re going to make an error, make a doozy, and don’t be afraid to hit the ball.” – Billie Jean King
Fortune favors the audacious – take a big, bold swing!
77. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Daily, push past inner resistance. Your courage muscle will strengthen.
On Taking Leaps of Faith
78. “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.” – William Faulkner
Let go of the familiar to discover new worlds within yourself. Dive in!
79. “To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself.” – Søren Kierkegaard
By risking failure, we open to greater fulfillment. Have courage!
80. “Leap and the net will appear.” – Julia Margaret Cameron
Take the plunge, then handle difficulties as they arise. Have faith!
On Conquering Self-Doubt
81. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life.” – Golda Meir
Listen within, then live by your truth. It is enough.
82. “Your doubt can become a good quality if you train it. It must become knowing, it must become criticism. Ask it, whenever it wants to spoil something for you, why something is ugly, demand proofs from it, test it, and you will find it perplexed and embarrassed perhaps, or perhaps rebellious. But don’t give in, insist on arguments and act this way, watchful and consistent, every single time, and the day will arrive when from a destroyer it will become one of your best workers–perhaps the cleverest of all that are building at your life.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
Engage your doubts and unearth the deeper fears driving them. Ask why, then act!
83. “It ain’t what they call you, it’s what you answer to.” – W.C. Fields
Other people’s judgments don’t define you. Only you decide who you are.
84. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
Focus on using your gifts, not what you lack. Make an impact now!
85. “Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.” – William Shakespeare
Don’t let doubts sabotage you. Shut them down and boldly move ahead.
86. “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Connect within. Your inner wisdom is the compass to guide your way.
87. “Defeat your doubt with action. Focus on the step in front of you, not the whole staircase.” – Tanya Masse
Silence limiting thoughts through purposeful action, moment to moment. Just climb!
On Persevering through Hardship
88. “We acquire the strength we have overcome.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Let the weights and tears of experience forge your spirit. You are becoming mighty.
89. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Kahlil Gibran
90. “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” – Christopher Reeve
Heroism is determined persistence through trials. You have that same strength within!
91. “It’s always too early to quit.” – Norman Vincent Peale
However bleak things seem, don’t give up. Your breakthrough is coming.
92. “Never give up on something you really want. It’s difficult to wait, but it’s more difficult to regret.” – Jane Leeves
Stay patient and persistent for what matters most. You’ll never regret it.
93. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
When all seems lost, perseverance opens new paths. Keep the faith!
94. “You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” – Walt Disney
Setbacks pave the way for comebacks. Let adversity strengthen you!
95. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Hope empowers you to rise again, no matter how many times you fall.
96. “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
A loss only defeats you if you let it. Get back up and carry on!
97. “Fall down seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese proverb
When you tumble down, reflect then get back on your feet. Persist!
On Learning from Defeat
98. “Defeat may serve as well as victory to shake the soul and let the glory out.” – Edwin Markham
Let failures shake you awake, shed what’s inessential, and activate your inner power.
99. “There are no failures, just experiences and your reactions to them.” – Tom Krause
You choose whether to view setbacks as failures or growth experiences. Reframe defeat as fuel.
100. “Failure is success if we learn from it.” – Malcolm Forbes
Feedback helps you course correct. Each failure brings you closer to your goal.
101. “Every adversity, every failure, and every heartache, carries with it the Seed of an equivalent or greater Benefit.” – Napoleon Hill
102. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
Let mistakes reveal latent flaws to strengthen. Adjust and retry!
103. “Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser.” – Vince Lombardi
Don’t make peace with defeat – let it motivate you to up your game and return stronger.
104. “Failure doesn’t mean you are a failure it just means you haven’t succeeded yet.” – Robert H. Schuller
One failed endeavor does not define you. Keep chasing success!
On Embracing Change and Uncertainty
105. “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” – Steve Maraboli
Shed tears over your trials, then use that energy to fertilize new growth.
106. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” – Alan Watts
Flow with the twists and turns. Relax and grow through life’s unfolding.
107. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” – Seneca
Each closure allows for the next grand opening. Trust the cycles.
108. “Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.” – Mandy Hale
Don’t let fear block your necessary blossoming – break free and unfold!
109. “Never be afraid of change. Remember that you are made of star stuff and star stuff knows no beginning and no end.” – Carl Sagan
You contain the infinite essence of the cosmos. Embrace change boldly!
110. “Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there’s no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic.” – Laini Taylor
Hold your vision steadfastly and magnetic forces conspire to meet you there.
111. “Listen to the mustn’ts, child. Listen to the don’ts. Listen to the shouldn’ts, the impossibles, the won’ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me… Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” – Shel Silverstein
Defy the voices of limitation. The true story is waiting to be authored by you!
112. “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” – Buckminster Fuller
Old systems crumble in the presence of new beliefs. Be the change!
113. “I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering must be added mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness, and the willingness to remain vulnerable.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Let hardship soften, deepen, and open your heart, not harden you. Grow through the fire.
On Having Confidence and Courage
114. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anaïs Nin
By facing fears, you enlarge your world and sense of possibility.
115. “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” – Maya Angelou
Courage empowers every other virtue and endeavor. Cultivate it first.
116. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
Persistence in the face of adversity is profound courage. You have it within.
117. “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Dig deep. Discover unknown wells of willpower and keep proceeding forward.
118. “Living with uncertainty requires great courage. Here is how to build this vital skill: Do not avoid uncertainty or pretend it doesn’t exist, but don’t obsess about it either. Instead, learn to live with it. Uncertainty is essential to life; there is no growth or evolution without it. Embrace uncertainty.” – Susan David
Lean into not knowing. Let it expand and empower you.
119. “Impossible is a daring belief. Courage creates the miracle.” – Robin S. Sharma
By attempting the impossible, you manifest a new reality. Be bold!
16. On Standing Back Up
120. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
True achievement lies not in perfection, but resilience. Keep rising up!
121. “Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.” – Gabby Douglas
Persistence is the key ingredient for victory. Keep chasing your dreams!
122. “It’s not how far you fall, but how high you bounce that counts.” – Zig Ziglar
It’s not the setback but the comeback that matters. Keep bouncing back!
123. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
Greatness requires repeated failure. Miss, adjust, retry!
124. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
Stay humble in victory by remembering lessons from losses. Grow!
125. “Just because you fail once doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything.” – Marilyn Monroe
One setback is not a definition of who you are. Shake it off and get back out there.