Lemons are sour, but they sure are fun to squeeze. And there are so many ways to use them in a sentence. It can lead to a tidal wave of laughter. From lemonade to lemons, from lemon law to lemonade stand, and of course, the classic “you’re such a lemon” jibe.
Whether you’re writing a card or sharing it on social media, using one of these 100 lemon puns is guaranteed to make people smile.
And who knows? Maybe you’ll get an unexpected “Thank you!” or “Wow” in return!
1. Life is a lemon. Get used to it.
2. The lemonade is sweet, the lemons are sour.
3. He’s got a real lemon attitude.
4. I wish someone would zest me with a little zest.
5. Lemonade, made with real sugar, is just what the doctor ordered.
6. Lemons, like people, are divided into two groups: Those who love lemonade and those who make it.
7. You can tell a lot about a person by the way he reacts to lemonade.
8. You either love lemonade or you don’t. There’s no middle ground.
9. Life is tough; lemonade is optional.
10. I want to be a real live sonnet.
11. Zest me with a little zest.
12. Don’t squeeze the lemons; just zest them.
13. You can’t make lemonade out of lemon slices.
14. I’m just warming up, don’t start yawning yet.
15. The lemon industry is doing just great these days.
16. I’ll have what she’s having.
17. Squeeze me a lemon.
18. I gots a big ol’ lemon in my pocket.
19. It’s a puny little lemon.
20. Lemons are for fighting.
21. A lemon a day keeps the doctor away.
22. Don’t squeeze so hard; you might hurt someone.
23. A lemon is the lowest form of life.
24. The world is a lemon. Get used to that too.
25. You’re a real lemon. Get used to that.
26. I think the world is just one giant lemon. Get used to that.
27. I’m tired of the world being a lemon. Let’s make it a grape.
28. Just squeeze it on me.
29. Lemony Snicket’s coming to town.
30. Get lemony with me.
31. My favourite lemonade is made with real sugar.
32. Let’s take a side trip down Lemon Lane.
33. A lemony thought.
34. That lemony grin.
35. Lemony taste.
36. I think I’m going to puke.
37. Don’t be such a lemon.
38. I always feel better after I squeeze some lemon on me.
39. Lemony smell.
40. Lemony ears.
41. Hey, you want to come over for dinner and watch the game? Lemon sauce.
42. Don’t forget to put on some gloves when you touch my fruit.
43. The lemons of life.
44. The Grinch who wanted to steal Christmas got a rude awakening when he went to swipe the lemon tree.
45. If it’s not fun to laugh at yourself, you need to get some self-esteem therapy.
46. If you want to be a success, you gotta have a sense of humour.
47. It’s not a lemon; it’s a lemonade!
48. There’s no such thing as a free lunch, only a cheap one.
49. How many lemons does it take to make a lemonade? That’s easy…
50. How many lemons? About three!
51. You can get anything you want in life if you don’t ask for too much.
52. I guess that’s why they call it a “negotiable” price.
53. Don’t squeeze the lemon; add more sugar!
54. If you don’t ask, the answer is always “no.”
55. Don’t be so sure.
56. The lemon doesn’t care about your plans.
57. Lemons have a way of reminding us who’s really in charge.
58. If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
59. I love my job because I get to sit at my desk all day and think up new ways to make people guffaw.
60. A good pun is like a fine wine, and it gets better with age.
61. The first step to getting over someone is admitting you were in love with them.
62. Lemons don’t care about your plans.
63. You know what a lemon is? It’s something that stops your heart!
64. Lemonade go straight to your head.
65. Squeeze that lemon!
66. Lemon drop!
67. I’m just lemoned up.
68. That’s just pitiful.
69. I’m so lemoned.
70. He’s such a lemon.
71. That’s the most lemontastic thing I ever heard.
72. Don’t squeeze so hard; you’ll make an OJtype situation.
73. You can get anything you want if you just ask for it with all the right lemonade.
74. If the world were lemonade, everyone would drink it.
75. Lemons are a bitch to find.
76. That’s one sour ass lemon.
77. Lemons ruin everything.
78. The power of lemon.
79. A little lemon goes a long way.
80. Don’t squeeze the lemon too hard, or the juice will spill all over the place.
81. You don’t want to wake up one day to find your life has become a lemonade stand.
82. A little goes a long way.
83. He’s so cute; it makes me sick.
84. I hate that grin.
85. Squeeze the lemon, make him go away!
86. I don’t care if it takes a village. Give me a lemon!
87. Life gets tough. Eat a lemony pun.
88. I wish somebody would just give me a lemon!
89. If you don’t have a sense of humour, you should try being a lemon.
90. Don’t take yourself so seriously. It makes you vulnerable to a lemon-like attack.
91. You need to lighten up. It’s not funny if it’s serious.
92. If you want to be a success, you’ve got to be a lemon.
93. Lemons are the most overlooked fruit on the planet.
94. You can never have too many lemons. They are nature’s candy.
95. The universe is unfolding as it should. Everything is in its right place at the right time, even lemons.
96. You should always wear a yellow ribbon when you are around lemons, and it will protect you from their corrosive effect.
97. A sense of humor is the most important ingredient in the world. Without it, nothing else matters.