No one is immune to the allure of a good video game. Whether you’re playing alone, with friends, or with family, there’s nothing like the rush of beating a tough level or getting a rare 100% score.
As a result, video games are an obsession for millions of people, and that obsession has spawned countless memes and inside jokes. Memes about the ins and outs of gaming are almost as popular as the actual gameplay itself. So, gaming puns are another great way to connect with other gamers.
No matter what kind of gamer you are, you’ll enjoy these 111 best gaming puns. And, you can use them in all kinds of ways: to make friends laugh, to impress someone with your knowledge, to start a conversation at a party, or even as a serious caption for an Instagram photo.
Whatever you choose to do, you’re sure to get a rise out of people who share your enthusiasm for all things gaming.
1. It’s not a game… if you lose.
2. I play to win. Always.
3. I’m gonna make you an offer you can’t refuse.
4. I don’t bluff. Ever.
5. I’m gonna double your money back if you don’t like my terms.
6. I’ve got nothing to lose.
7. If you think you know something about me, you’re sadly mistaken.
8. I’m gonna crush you like a little baby bird.
9. The real trick to beating me is reading my mind.
10. I’m gonna let you win.
11. I don’t play for fun.
12. The only way to win is not to play.
13. I’m gonna crush you like a little bird.
14. Don’t be a sore loser.
15. I don’t lose often.
16. Gaming is just a young man’s pastime.
17. I think I got rat-faced from all that gaming.
18. I play to win, but I don’t work to play.
19. Gaming is supposed to be fun, not work.
20. I’m in the zone.
21. I don’t even wanna know how high your score is.
22. Let’s get some gaming in.
23. The game is afoot.
24. He’s got the game on lock.
25. She’s been gaming for days.
26. You’re so bad at this game; you think the game is you.
27. I’m gonna put on the game and pretend it’s you.
28. She plays for keeps.
29. I need to warm up my gaming reflexes.
30. It takes me out of my comfort zone.
31. It’s a shooter. Not a clicker.
32. I’ve got no chance. This is way too advanced for me.
33. Gaming is not for sissies.
34. This is a war zone.
35. No mercy.
36. We are at the starting line.
37. The real gamer knows no fear.
38. The only rule is… there are no rules.
39. You’re gonna have to bring a gun to a knife fight.
40. I don’t know how to play this game.
41. This is the hardest game to master.
42. This game requires lightning reflexes.
43. There’s no retreat, no surrender.
44. It’s kill or be killed.
45. I’ve got a fever, and the only prescription… is more gaming!
46. A little gaming can go a long way.
47. Gaming makes me feel like a kid again.
48. The first hour is always the toughest.
49. Video games are a form of self-abuse.
50. Don’t you dare tell me video games are bad.
51. It takes a real man to admit he’s a nerd.
52. I don’t care if you’re 14 or 49. But, if you don’t get it, I don’t want you around.
53. When life gives you lemons, play a game of Fruit Ninja.
54. Playing games is the only thing that makes me as good as Jeff Paul.
55. I don’t even know why I bother to compete against myself.
56. I’m going to go ahead and say it: Gaming is not just for kids.
57. Don’t make me ban you from my site. I’ve got a feeling you’ll be back for more.
58. If you’re going to make a statement, at least get it right.
59. You don’t have a life; you have a series of pathetic attempts at having a life.
60. Gamers are a dying breed.
61. You can’t teach an old gamer new tricks. He’s too busy learning new ways to die.
62. I am the Gamer Master. Nobody interrupts my fun!
63. I’m so glad you’re all just gamblers. It makes everything so much simpler.
64. The only thing that stops me from gaming is…gaming.
65. Gaming is a metaphor for life.
66. Go ahead and game.
67. I’m addicted to the game “Candy Crush.”
68. I play games with myself to relax, like a cat playing with a ball of yarn.
69. I don’t know how to play poker, but I can code.
70. I don’t play video games for the storyline; I play them for the graphics.
71. I don’t play video games for the graphics. I play them for the storyline.
72. He who dies with the most toys wins.
73. I don’t care if it’s a board game, a card game, a video game, or an app. If it involves dice, I’m in.
74. I don’t play for the money; I play for the points!
75. I play to win, not for fun.
76. If there were no rules, we would have to invent some.
77. A game is only as good as the rules.
78. There are no rules in poker.
79. There are no rules in politics.
80. If you can’t dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit.
81. My gaming group has a motto: “We Never Rest, We Only Die Trying!”
82. When I’m playing a video game, I don’t think about anything except the game.
83. Video games are the opiate of the masses.
84. If it’s a video game, I don’t have to think about it.
85. You’re addicted to the game “Candy Crush”? So am I!
86. I’ve been playing it for hours, and I still haven’t gotten past the first level.
87. I have a secret weapon for defeating Candy Crush. It’s called “Time.”
88. Candy Crush is a metaphor for life. The more you struggle, the more you defeat.
89. Playing video games is the closest thing you can get to meditation.
90. There is no way to win at Candy Crush. Not unless you cheat or give up.
91. The object of the game is to keep going until you run out of moves. Then you start all over again. This time with a little less candy.
92. When you run out of moves, the game informs you that you have reached “The End.” You start over with a full bar of candy. The game doesn’t want you to quit. It wants you to keep playing and playing and playing… UNTIL YOU DIE TRYING!
93. I don’t play to win. I play to go on. To beat the odds. To keep trying until I either succeed or die trying.
94. Gaming for realz.
95. Gaming on my dime.
96. Gaming until I puke.
97. I’ve been playing so hard… my cat has a heart attack!
98. Don’t be a noob.
99. First, learn to play the cheap way.
100. Gamers are notorious for having huge hands.
101. You can tell if you’re a gamer or not by the color of your pee.
102. I think I got a winning hand here.
103. I’m in a gametical mood today.
104. Gamers are born, not made.
105. Let’s play with fire!
106. Let’s turn up the thermostat!
107. It’s time for some armpit action!
108. I can smell the gunfire!
109. I win. We’re playing strip poker!
110. I’ve got a secret weapon that will blow your socks off!
111. I don’t feel like gaming tonight.
112. Let’s play a drinking game. Take a shot every time I say “gaming pun.”